North Main Street Consolidated Plan Recommendation
Stevens & Associates have provided a phased approach to realizing the vision and plan for Main Street.
Review the phased plan HERE
The consolidated plan and recommendations are the result of the 6-month study combined with community input and feedback. S&A has incorporated community comments from prior presentations and online submissions. Highlights of the recommendations include improvements to intersection of routes 100 and 11; raising street and buildings above base flood elevation in core village area; creation of a waterfront trail; and reduced flooding through improved upstream storage.
Stevens & Associates, an Architecture, Civil & Structural Engineering, and Landscape Architecture consulting firm in Brattleboro, Vermont has held two community presentations The first public input meetings took place on October 7, 2021, and the second public input meetings followed on November 18, 2021.
- Master Plan Options displayed at the 11/18/2021 meetings are HERE.
- Master Plan Options narratives from the 11/18/2021 meetings are HERE.
- IMPORTANT! To provide your comments or concerns to our consultants, please go to the feedback survey form which can be found HERE.
- A link to the video recording of the 10/7/2021 live meeting, produced by GNAT, can be found HERE.
- GNAT has also produced a “News Project” overview video on the study, which can be found HERE.
MASTER PLAN OPTIONS PRESENTED ON NOVEMBER 18, 2021
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY:
S&A responded to the town’s request for a study the North Village Center. The goal is to retain the best features of the village character from the past and the present, and to expand vibrancy of the overall town. The study will also assess traffic volume and safety improvements for pedestrian, bicycle and vehicular traffic.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
S&A aims to weave mixed-use development into the existing village that will support existing and new business. The firm offers experience and expertise in:
- Understanding of impediments to development such as flooding and flood damage.
- Lack of a community water supply, the lack of community wastewater treatment services.
- Problematic intersections.
- Financial constraints that hamper development and reinvestment.
MAIN STREET MASTER PLAN (MSMP) GRANT:
The MSMP project is funded through a Municipal Planning Grant from the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development. The grant was proposed by the Planning Commission and awarded to the Town of Londonderry.
The 2021 Main Street Study & Master Plan project is designed to explore and confirm existing conditions, constraints and future potential of Londonderry's North Village Center along VT 11/100 and the West River. Our team of consultants and regional, state and federal agencies and partners will work to develop and present a realistic vision for this primary commercial area to conform to local planning and development standards. This project is supported with a grant from the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development.